Design lamps: table, floor and suspension models
Design lamps are capable of creating an atmosphere within an environment, immediately defining the perception that one has of that particular space, beyond the style of furniture. Lighting, in fact, is an important aspect for each individual: it not only makes a space more welcoming but is also a design element from the moment it is inserted in a furnishing context. Depending on the needs, therefore, different types of design lamps may be preferred, which must then be calibrated according to one's tastes and based on the arrangement that you plan to adopt. The lamps are furnishing accessories that can be placed in any room of the house. In the living room as light points to create atmosphere during evenings with friends or in the sleeping area for relaxation.
TYPES OF DESIGN LAMPS
It must be said that the lamps differ primarily in the type of light emission: direct, indirect or diffused. The choice of a type of light emission must be made based on the type of environment and its lighting needs and then move on to the type of lamp. Design lamps can be suspension, wall (applique), table lamps, floor lamps, abat-jours and outdoor lamps.
- Table lamps: this type of design lamp can have a decorative function, finding its ideal environment in the living room, in the corridor, in the bedroom on the dresser. Decorative or functional, as happens for that sub-category of table lamps such as abat-jour and study lamps. The former are the classic bedside lamps, which many people use when reading before falling asleep, while the latter are desk lamps and therefore work lamps. There are many design table lamps made taking into account the importance of materials that limit reflection and glare phenomena, a fundamental element for proper lighting.
For table lamps, we recommend: BONALDO - CANTORI - CATTELAN ITALIA - FIAM - SLIDE - TOMASUCCI - TONIN CASA - MARTINELLI LUCE - CINI & NILS
- Suspension lamps: they are very popular and have made a comeback in recent years. These design lamps are made both with a single element that descends from the ceiling, and with several elements, creating a sort of composition that illuminates a portion of the space. Suspension lamps are ideal for elegantly illuminating a corner of the living room and the possibility of choosing from a very wide variety of models allows you to satisfy the most disparate tastes and needs.
For suspension lamps, we recommend: BONALDO - CANTORI - CATTELAN ITALIA - PEDRALI - PLUST - SLIDE - TONIN CASA - MARTINELLI LUCE - CINI & NILS
- Floor lamps: very popular in modern homes, this type of design lamp is useful if you have a reading corner in the living room or simply to create movement. Floor lamps are usually adjustable, meaning it is possible to direct the light according to the needs of the moment.
For floor lamps we recommend: BONALDO - CANTORI - CATTELAN ITALIA - FIAM - KHILIA - MODUM by TELCOM - PF STILE - PLUST - SLIDE - TOMASUCCI - TWENTYFIRST LIVINGART - TONIN CASA - MARTINELLI LUCE - CINI & NILS
- Wall lamps: these lighting fixtures are characterized by their small size and strong decorative component, as well as lighting of course. They are widely used to illuminate corridors and stairways, but also hidden corners.
For wall lamps, we recommend: BONALDO - CANTORI - CATTELAN - SLIDE - TONIN CASA - MARTINELLI LUCE - CINI & NILS
- Outdoor lamps: even the garden or terrace deserve the right attention when it comes to illuminating spaces. In summer, when it is customary to experience outdoor environments more than in winter, we feel the need to recreate that ideal lighting for spending the evening hours under the stars. Outdoor design lamps are usually made of plastic material that is highly resistant to atmospheric agents, humidity and the rays of the summer sun.
For outdoor lamps, we recommend: KHILIA - KLORIS - MODUM BY TELCOM - PF STILE - SLIDE - TONIN CASA
- Chandeliers: every self-respecting elegant salon has its own chandelier to show off. This category of design lamps is associated with absolute refinement. A chandelier can have from two to more arms, each of which has a light source which, combined with the others, can illuminate even very large spaces.
For the chandeliers, we recommend: CANTORI - CATTELAN - DRIADE - SLIDE - TOMASUCCI - TONIN CASA - MARTINELLI LUCE - CINI & NILS
DESIGN LAMPS MATERIALS
The variety of materials used to make the different types of design lamps is vast. Much used are metals, aluminum and steel above all, but also wood, plastic materials, porcelain, ceramics and glass: obviously we are only talking about the structure, which supports the part used for lighting. For the latter, the materials can be various types of fabrics, glass, plastic, metal or artistic ceramics. The variety of design and materials means that there are floor lamps, suspension or any other type, suitable for all styles of furniture and location needs.