Garden armchairs and sofas
The garden furniture par excellence: garden sofas and armchairs
There is no denying that garden armchairs and sofas are the garden furniture that each of us wants to have. It will be that they express comfort and hospitality, it will be that the outdoor lounge always has a particular charm, the fact is that garden furniture has had a surge in sales in recent decades. Also due to the attention given to outdoor spaces from many points of view: furniture, lighting, development of resistant and practical materials, the garden is now considered to be the same as indoor spaces. This is because the well-furnished garden can be used during the day and in the evening: during the day to enjoy the summer breeze, in the evening to chat with friends. Indeed, we can enjoy them even in winter with plaids and outdoor stoves, always if in the area where we live the winters are not harsh.
Garden furniture: Types of sofas and armchairs
Among the most popular garden furnishings there are the sofa and the armchair, capable of transforming a garden or a terrace into a welcoming place without equal. These are elements that not only offer comfort when we have guests, but also give added value to your home.
- garden armchairs: they are outdoor furniture halfway between an armchair and a chair. A garden armchair takes from the armchair the ability to wrap the person sitting there while the size from the chair. They can be made of different materials, from plastic to various metals.
For garden armchairs, we recommend the brands: CANTORI - COLOS - DRIADE
- garden sofas: these are sofas in all respects, usually made with materials resistant to the effects of weather and sometimes equipped with fabric cushions. Garden sofas are timeless garden furniture in their thousand forms, just like those for the living room.
For garden sofas, we recommend the brands: DRIADE - TWENTYFIRST LIVINGART - SERRALUNGA
- garden chaise longue: they are very popular garden furniture, which conquer more and more people thanks to their undeniable comfort. With this type of outdoor seat, we can relax but in the open air, with all the benefits that this entails.
For garden chaise longues, we recommend: DRIADE
- lightable garden furniture: this type of outdoor furniture performs two functions, namely that of the furniture itself and that of a real lamp. Lately we are witnessing a diffusion of armchairs, poufs and other furniture that can be illuminated at nightfall, thanks to built-in LEDs.
For lightable garden furniture, we recommend the brands: PLUST - SERRALUNGA
- garden benches: among the furnishings for our garden or terrace there are also the benches, perfect to be inserted along the path or, if our green space is large enough, also scattered here and there, perhaps between two hedges.
For garden benches, we recommend: SERRALUNGA
- armchairs: this outdoor lounge furniture could not miss to create a corner suitable to welcome our guests or ourselves during the warm spring days or on warm summer evenings.
For garden armchairs, we recommend the brands: TWENTYFIRST LIVINGART - SLIDE - SERRALUNGA - PLUST - NARDI
Garden furniture materials
The materials with which garden furniture such as sofas and armchairs are made is very diverse. Among the materials of natural origin we find wood, generally Taek, an exotic wood immune to water and humidity. Then there is the rattan, extremely light, durable and it does not require any extraordinary maintenance. Usually a rattan furniture is supported by an aluminum structure, which accentuates its lightness. The same applies to wicker, another material much loved for outdoor furniture and made from the young branches of a particular variety of willow.
In addition to materials of natural origin, those made of plastic such as polyethylene and polypropylene deserve attention. Cheap and absolutely practical, plastic garden furniture is much more resistant than wood, rattan or wicker furniture. In the end there are the metal furnishings which in terms of elegance are unbeatable, extremely durable but heavy to move, especially if made of wrought iron or steel.
For plastic garden furniture, we recommend the brands: DRIADE - NARDI -PLUST - SCAB - SERRALUNGA - SLIDE TWENTYFIRST LIVINGART
For metal garden furniture, we recommend the brands: CANTORI - COLOS - DRIADE - SERRALUNGA
For rattan garden furniture, we recommend: DRIADE